WOW facts and figures
Here are some astonishing facts and figures about the value and impact of the work done in Kingston Voluntary Sector:
Information from Kingston Citizens Advice
- £260,000 worth of time given to the community last year by our volunteers
- £1m financial gains for clients over the last few years – so for every £1 in grant, £4 comes back to our community
- 32 families supported to avoid repossession last year – if they had had to be rehoused, it would have cost over £600,000.
Information from Refugee Action Kingston
- 35 volunteers help us every week, mainly in the Learning Centre, but volunteers help in many other ways as well.
- Each one gives RAK at least 4 hours of their time per week - that's 140 hours per week
- 6,020 hours or 860 working days a year!
- 795 clients assisted through our advocay project in 2013
- 1,009 accessing our advice servicves in 2013
- 4,255 issues resolved in total
Information from Kingston Voluntary Action
- £4,700,000 total income from 100 organisations surveyed
- 59,500 beneficiaries using services provided by 100 organisations surveyed
- 430 voluntary and community organisations registered on KVA's database & receiving regular information
- 500 + staff, volunteers and trustees attending 59 KVA training sessions in a year
- 42 organisations supported to register on www.LocalGiving.com with £46,500 + raised in less than 18 months